Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

No. This is not the blog where I write about living life to the fullest after almost succumbing to the common cold. It does seem I have survived this bout with a virus that surely would have killed the average man (or at the very least left him quite impotent), but this has not changed my outlook on life. I still plan on wasting every moment, letting life pass me by as I watch movies, play video games, and write meaningless blogs that serve no purpose. I really don't give a shit if I miss a thing. Or a lot of "things" for that matter.

I do feel, quite strongly in fact, that every movie should end with the Aerosmith Song "I don't Wanna Miss a Thing" (Fucking click that link, son! Unless you DON'T want your mind blown! In fact, this blog is meant to be read while listening to said song. So I INSIST you click that link, bitch!).
It really has that epic, sweeping, bad-ass movie sound that could end any movie quite perfectly. Listen to the song and you'll literally be unable to disagree with the previous statement. Because it's fucking impossible to disregard this song's potential as a film ender. It could play in the opening credits, and that movie is over, son!

Just picture this shit. Close your eyes, and picture it (make sure not to close your eyes until I have given you your proper mind picture).

Your bad-ass hero has just shot up all the bad guys, taking a bullet to the shoulder, but saving both America and his daughter's life. Cue the slow-motion pan away from the arriving ambulances, hero hugging his daughter to death (though not literally, as that would negate his saving her life), camera drifting off into the clouds and I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING!

Or maybe freeze frame endings are more your style. No matter. The hero and his partner just drove their car through a boat, pinning their nemesis to the bottom of the ocean. It was awesome! These two hardened cops breath a sigh of relief now that the world is no longer threatened by a psychotic madmen who can talk to dolphins, lighting up two stogies and FREEZE FRAMING in a never ending High Five of manliness. Cue I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING.
I think these two examples have illustrated my point sufficiently. With just two examples I have proven, without any sane doubt, that every and any movie should end with the unforgettable Aerosmith Song, "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing."

Apparently, the song was written for Michael Bay's Armageddon for Christsake! You know it was used at the end of that movie! And you know it was the most memorable final shot to a movie... ever (which is why I can't remember the ending at all, even though I have seen it)!
So, shit. What more do I need to say? Don't just sit there! Do! Do create your own movie! And end it with Aerosmith's "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing." Audiences worldwide will thank you. As will the studios who have just make a billion dollars thanks to your (and my) brilliance. Let's do this shit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This blog post has changed my life. Now I realized it's OK to use the SAME DAMN SONG for everything--as long as it rocks.

That's simplicity, man.